Bradford, West Yorkshire
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Excellent benefits and full study support
10 months ago
This is an excellent opportunity for an AAT qualified, part qualified ACCA/CIMA or equivalent candidate to join an international, well known and respected professional services business that support a diverse range of businesses.
This is a newly created position that has arisen due to year on year growth and is an opportunity to join a company that pride themselves on their high levels of staff retention and offer a clear support and development programme for the successful candidate.
This role will report into and work closely with the Finance Business Partners and is very commercial in nature, allowing exposure to key stakeholders and the wider finance team on a daily basis.
This role will suit an individual who has a solid and proven accounting background, has a strong work ethic and is really looking to develop and grow with the business long term.
The successful candidate will gain full study support and will have exposure to a hands on finance team that can really develop their finance and accounting experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:-
- Supporting the Finance Business Partners on a daily basis in order to ensure all financial processes are reported accurately and to strict deadlines.
- Assisting in the preparation of timely and accurate monthly management accounts including providing calculations for month end reporting and accruals and prepayments.
-Performing balance sheet reconciliations to assist with the preparation of the quarterly balance sheet files for audit review.
- Assisting with the yearly budgeting process and working with the wider Finance team and other teams within the business.
- Working on ad-hoc projects alongside the Finance Business Partners.
- Overseeing the sales ledger function from start to finish, issuing out invoices, statements and carrying out reconciliations.
- Dealing with queries and setting up new customers on the system and assisting with other areas of finance as and when required.
The ideal candidate will:-
- Have extremely good communication skills, will be confident presenting themselves to senior management and will be able to challenge ideas when needed.
- Be able to develop and build relationships with customers both internal and external.
- Ideally be AAT qualified or be studying ACCA/CIMA and keen to develop a career in finance.
- Have experience of working within an accounting team and have an understanding of the demands of this type of role.
- Be able to work within a fast paced, deadline orientated environment.
- Have excellent attention to detail and will pick up new skills quickly.
- Have strong Word and Excel skills.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions www.sewellwallis.co.uk